I have a low enough self-esteem to have a hard time believing that you are interested in learning more about me. Simultaneously, I'm narcissistic enough to get excited to tell you.
I like to create things, but it's sometimes challenging with my low attention span. Despite my ADHD, I successfully wrote an entire book about things I've been hyper-focused on. Some of those things include...
If you're wondering if my writing is for you, I'm not going to lie; It isn't. It's for me. I write for myself: A self-employed stay-at-home-dad trying to organize my thoughts about my purpose in life. I'm trying to overcome my obstacles and figure out what "peg" I am and where I "fit." Can you relate to that at all? If yes, then you will likely find value in my writing. As a reader, you get to play the role of my therapist, observing my ramblings as I write from your office sofa. You don't have to chime in, because I never shut up.
"...A man of many talents. One of which is pretending to be stupid." - Matthew Kopf
"He manages to demonstrate all the knowledge he vehemently denies having... John will be the first to tell you he is no expert but has not sold that point well." - Desiree Marszalkowski (John's wife)
- Besides writing books, I enjoy podcasting, writing music, making videos and taking photos. All of that fits in the gaps of being a fulltime dad.
- I'm not a very strong reader, but I've been trying lately.
- I hate handwriting anything, but I love sending snail mail.
- I enjoy the feel of a heavy coin in hand.
- I think Walt Disney World is the coolest place on earth, but that is mostly connected to childhood nostalgia and my lack of travel.
- I love living in Milwaukee, but that's probably because i've never lived anywhere else.
- I own a business called Orphonic LLC, which is a word I made up in 2001. Orphonic seems to keep changing over time. It used to be a heavy metal band, and more recently it was a wedding videography company. I guess you could say that Orphonic is very career-fluid.
- I'm the type of person who complains when the temperature is not within the range of 68°-72° inside a building. Of course I like it cooler outside because I get to wear more layers. I don't mind it slightly warmer, so long as there is shade, a breeze, and no humidity. I think the northwest coast is likely where i'm supposed to live, but probably never will.
- I don't like sand, dirt, or clay touching my hands.
- I'm not a strong swimmer. I don't have an irrational fear of water, heights, enclosed spaces, or spiders... I would say I have a RATIONAL fear of those things. You might disagree that my fear of water is rational, though. I mean, come on, you can drown in it!
- My favorite food is probably eggs, as I eat a lot of them very often. But a shrimp burrito with a side of beans, rice, and guac is heaven. Frozen custard for dessert? Amen!
- According to ISideWith.com, 72% of my heart bleeds for others and 27% of it is made of ice and stone.